Skip to content
Parts of a file Tool are
- Tip or Point
- Face or side
- Tip or Point – the end opposite to tang
- Face or side – The broad part of the file with teeth cut on its surface
- Edge – The thin part of the file with a single row of parallel teeth
- Heel – The portion of the broad part without teeth
- Shoulder – the curved part of the file separating tang from the body
- Tang – The narrow and thin part of a file which fits into the handle
- Handle – The part fitted to the tang for holding the file
- Ferrule – A protective metal ring to prevent cracking of the handle.
error: Content is protected !!